Looking for an easy, Christmas-themed kids craft to decorate the house or liven up your Christmas tree? It doesn’t get any simpler than this angel made out of paper plates! Here’s how to make it:
What You’ll Need:
- Paper plates
- Glitter (or a glitter pen)
- Construction paper (optional)
- Colored string, feathers, cotton balls, pipe cleaners (optional)
How To Make Your Angel:
- Take a paper plate and cut out a wedge shape (like you’re cutting out a piece of pizza).
- Glue the cut-out wedge to the bottom of the plate, opposite the missing section and slightly sticking out over the bottom (like the piece of pizza is hanging over the edge of the pan).
- Decorate the “wings” and “angel’s robe” (your pizza slice) with glitter, crayons, etc. For a more 3-D look, you can glue on cotton balls or feathers.
- Cut out a circle (either with extra paper plates or construction paper) for the angel’s head. Decorate the face with crayons and other supplies, and glue to the center of the paper plate.
- Add your final touches: Draw hair or use construction paper, colored string, etc., to form hair. If you have pipe cleaners you can glue a “halo” to the back of the angel’s head. Draw or cut out arms to glue to the angel’s torso.
Voila! Now you have a beautiful angel to use to decorate your home. You can glue a string to the back of the angel to use it as an ornament or tree topper. Or, glue a cut-out piece of paper plate to the back to have your angel stand up!
Check back on the Gogabo blog for more craft ideas (and other useful information for parents). And, don’t forget to sign up for winter activities available through Gogabo’s easy checkout system!